Friday, January 9, 2015

The Daily Frame January 1st-7th Remington, Virginia Photographer

So I decided late last year that I was going to start a 365 project this year. I love photo sessions, but the reason I love photography the most is documenting my own life.  I love looking back later and seeing a photograph of a moment that maybe I wouldn't remember as well without that photograph. I love the idea of a photo for every day and looking back through our year at the end of it.  So I joined this group of very talented ladies and we are going to post our daily images once a week for you to follow along. Next up in the circle is the super talented Jasmine Keath. I have been following her beautiful art for quite sometime, and I promise you, you will not be disappointed.  So click here to see what Jasmine has been up to this week.

1/365:  New Years Day... The older kids spent New Years Eve with their dad, so when they got home to us that day, they were ready to celebrate the New Year with us.  Mariah loved blowing her little Happy New Year noise maker. I loved seeing how the sunlight was shining in her messy bed head.



2/365:  Late afternoon painting... You wanted to sit and paint. I loved watching you just as much as you enjoyed painting. You were so calm and concentrated on every picture you painted.



3/365: First trip to Build a Bear. For Christmas you guys got gift cards to Build a Bear. It was your first time going. You and Mariah had such a good time. You made a Superman monkey complete with Clark Kent glasses. I took many more photos of this little visit. I will share them in a separate post.



4/365: A visit from Oma for your Birthday.  Oma came up to celebrate your upcoming Birthday with you this weekend. We had a fun day with presents, cake, ice-cream,  silly string, and confetti.


5/365: Today the sunset was just amazing... I love photographing the sky. It is never the same and it is like Mother Nature paints the sky as a new picture for us every day.  My husband laughs at me daily as I watch the sunset on our way home from work every day. I know he wishes I paid more attention to the road than the sky. ;)

6/365: Well today was our first snow... I left my camera at home. Go figure. Initially I took photos of these geese in the pond where I pick up Mat ( the hubby) after work.  I used my phone, the photos were ok.  Then this evening Conor was really cranky, tired, and didn't want to cooperate with much of anything. So I went for it. I decided to capture an unhappy evening. Why not? It's real. Our days are definitely not perfect. They are full of tired evenings, having to say no, and often times, not getting the answer we want to hear.   So this is what getting mad about having to pick up your toys looks like.


7/365: Today My little man is 4!! I can't even believe it!!  We had such a fun evening celebrating with you. You could not wait for us to get home so you could rip in to your gifts. ( As you can see by the mess.) You got a Superman graphic novel that you were so excited about. It was fitting because you were already in your Superman gear. Then you had to pull out your Clark Kent glasses. I couldn't resist your cuteness.


Thanks for checking out my post this week. I hope you will follow along this journey with me and watch us grow throughout the year.   Until next week. xo

6 comments:

  1. What a great week, friend! So happy to have you on board for this project. It will be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you really document your life so so well karen!! i absolutely love that you photographed an unhappy evening. it's good to capture the good AND the bad -- makes everything more real.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your life indeed is beautifully captured! Looking forward to seeing your Week 2! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them..I love to see the capture of real life...everyday events and turning them into something amazing! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love the way you capture life, Karen! I cannot wait to spend the rest of the year photographing with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So adorable!! That sunset is stunning!!

    ReplyDelete