Friday, July 3, 2015

The Daily Frame June 24th - July 1st


Hello Friends! It's that time of the week again. I hope you are getting to enjoy today as a holiday with your family.  This week I have really made time for my photos and I have to admit it has been so good for my soul. Photography truly is my passion. When things were toughest for me a few years ago, I have to say it is the light that brought me out of the dark.  I was so happy for the time I had with my children that I wanted to capture as much of it as I could.  So now, I think I still feel the same and this project has just magnified that and made me feel even stronger about it.    So here is our week.  Be sure to follow along the circle and check out what the other ladies have been up to this week. 


176/365: Mornings
Last week your sister was gone for the week, and you missed her terribly.  In the mornings the two of you always sit and eat breakfast together and then play with the dogs. You compete to see who can get ready faster.  So this week as I get ready for work, you spent your mornings snuggled up on our bed since you missed her. There were many mornings I had to pry to get you to eat breakfast because you wanted her there to eat with you. Needless to say Friday cannot get here fast enough.


177/365: Welcome Home 
This evening you got home from your vacation and we were all so happy you were home. We all missed you including your best friend.  The two of you couldn't wait to get outside and play together. 


178/365: Fun in the Puddles 
This morning we had lots of heavy rain.  Luckily it cleared off mid day and you guys had the best time playing in this large puddle on the sidewalk.  I loved watching you play and capturing your reflections in the water.   I took lots of photos, but these were my favorites! 




179/365: Sunglasses 
You found these sunglasses today and have been wearing them all day.  You think you look super cool in them. I have to agree, very cool! Enjoy these little things. :) 



180/365: Queens Anne Lace
I love these wildflowers. They are delicate and beautiful yet somehow stay in a dried up form through most of the winter.  Tonight we went to the back field and had some fun with the flowers.  Even Dad stepped in to play. 







181/365: 6 Months of Photos 
 Some days I have an idea of what  I might want to capture but most days I don't at all. Today was one of those days.  I first wanted to just capture you guys playing on the play ground, which I did.  Then I started thinking wow, today has been 6 months of this project.  I'm proud of myself for sticking with this. It has been so good for me.  It has helped me grow so much in my art and how I look at the way I photograph.  It has challenged me to find beauty in the mundane and then later look back and be so thankful I captured that moment. So then I decided to take a photo of myself with my camera. I don't have the fanciest or the best camera there is, but this baby is my best girl. She is part of the magic that shows all of you how I see this world. This is pretty much how my family sees me for part of the time we are together anyhow, so why not capture it right. 






182/365: You Play Music, I Take Photographs
We both love our hobbies, they are our escape from the stress of the day to day. I love your hobby and I hope you love mine. I like that we support one another in what we love as well.  So tonight you played guitar and I photographed you. Anyone that has been following along, knows that I love to photograph you just as much as the kids. So I wanted something a little different tonight. So I started looking at not only you but the shadows that were showing or the details in the moment. 


Next up in the circle is Colleen, of Colleen Putnam Photography in New York City, Click here to see what she has been up to this week. 

Until next time... xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment