Monday, July 27, 2015

July 30 Minutes In The Life Remington, Virginia Photographer

I can't believe July is almost over. This summer has seemed to go by very quickly.  We start school here in a few weeks, so we are trying to have as much fun as we can these last few weeks.   One of my favorite things about summer is the carnivals and fairs.  I am crazy obsessed with Ferris Wheels for one, and I love all the lights and just the sweet smells of funnel cakes, and cotton candy at the carnival.  The music is loud, the people all seem to come together and are happy. It's just fun.   So last night I decided to go and just capture 30 minutes at the carnival for me. No photos of kids or people, just me playing in the low light and dark with the lights.  This is an area that I feel I could grow and learn more with my photography, so why not make the best of it and try some experimenting with oof and playing with different shutter speeds.  So here are some of my favorites from the evening.

At the end of my post be sure to follow the link to the next photographer and check out everyone in our circle. We are a group of photographers from literally all over the world and it is so interesting to see the little pieces that we each have to share.


















 Next up in the circle is Kelly Tyack, from Australia. She always has some amazing beautiful art to share from her side of the world. Click here to check out her 30 minutes.

Thanks for checking out my 30 minutes this month... Until next time... xo

3 comments:

  1. These are awesome! Shooting at night is often so difficult but you did such a great job with it :) I love that you went to the carnival by yourself to shoot -- very cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I love you and your obsession with Ferris Wheels. These are so great!!! Just beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen are stunning - I love your take on the Carnival. The movement shots are absolutely awesome. Great take this month. The 7th image down (first movement shot) is my favorite. Love love love this month.

    ReplyDelete