Friday, July 17, 2015

The Daily Frame July 2nd - 15th Remington, Virginia Photography


Hello Hello!! So I've really been quiet lately.  I'm not going to lie, I've been in a major rut.  Life has been crazy hectic and emotional these last few weeks. I missed days shooting because frankly there was no time and also I felt nothing was worth capturing.   So I'm going to share some of what I have from the last few weeks with you.

183/365:  Dinner and bonding
Every other Friday we go to Front Royal to pick up Ethan. This week because of the holiday we went up on Thursday and got dinner at our favorite pizza joint. It was nice to capture just the two of you together catching up from the week and telling your stories.



184/365: You are my wild 
Today we were running errands and out and about.  Mariah got her ears pierced. ( I have photos from this for another post) we did some shopping and then enjoyed our evening grilling and playing outside. You never seem to surprise me with your crazy outfits. I love it, I love how your character and imagination always shine. You are my sweet, loving baby boy, but you have a wild side that I just adore. 


185/365: Independence Day 
Today we are spending the day together enjoying our freedom just being together. I love this image I captured of you today. 


186/365: Gone again 
Today we took you to spend the week with your Dad again. You wanted to climb the tree while we were waiting for him to arrive. I really missed you this past week.

187/365: Fuck Cancer 
So here's where things start to go down hill. Today we got the call that our dear sweet Mary Anne was really not well. That this would be it... .It could be a day or it could be hours. Our work family had dreaded this day.  I think we thought if we didn't believe it, it just wouldn't happen. Well it's happening.  It's sad, it's scary, it's frustrating, and damn it, it's not fair! This sweet, beautiful, kind, brave woman was leaving our world.  Just before lunch our group of managers packed in the car to be with her.  We are not your normal group of coworkers. We are family. We care. We know just by looking at one another when things are not right.  We arrived and walked in the room, there she was looking so tiny and frail burning up in fever. We said her name and took turns holding her hand. She did look up at us, open her eyes and smile. This would be the last time I see her smile. We spent hours with her, holding her, loving her, wishing we could ease this pain and have our friend back with us.  Our hearts broke today.  When we left, she was still fighting, however we knew it wouldn't be long until our sweet girl became an angel. 


188/365: Sadness 
This morning I got the text when I woke up at 3:30am. My heart just sunk. I have this overwhelming sadness. I know this is not me, but truly this is how I felt all day today. 


189/365: No photo.... No inspiration and no desire to pick up my camera, however I was so happy to find this old photo of her and her husband that I took a few years ago at our Christmas party. This is how I want to remember her. Smiling and happy. 



So this week, I didn't  feel up to capturing anything until yesterday. Work is just busy and I've been on the run all week.  Then I started thinking, it's time to get out of this funk and take time to enjoy and create again. So next week I will have much more to share and something much more positive to share with you.   Thanks for following along. 

Next up in our circle is the awesome Colleen Putnam from NYC. I always love getting to see New York through her eyes, click here to see what she has to share this week. 

Until next week. xo 

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about your friend, Karen :( I know all too well how you felt this week. (On an entirely different note, that photo of your son on the 4th of July is amazing!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely tribute to Mary Anne, and, as always, beautiful photos, xoxo

    ReplyDelete