Friday, July 24, 2015

The Daily Frame July 16th- 22nd Remington, Virginia Photographer


Well Hello, Hello... Where is this month going? I can't believe we are almost finished with July. This week has been much more relaxed and back to normal. It felt great to shoot every day again and want to pick up my camera.

197/365:  Feeling Inspired
So last week I truly had no inspiration.  I didn't feel motivated, I was sad and depressed. I was looking through Ello, and I have to admit I found a photographer that I hadn't really followed before. There was something about her work... It was art, it was so beautiful. It was appealing to the eye, but it was so much more than that. It was the fact that you could tell she shot for herself and what she wanted. It wasn't what she thought others wanted to see, it was what she saw, her vision.  Now by no means am I comparing myself to this artist, but her art inspired me. It made me want to pick up my camera and create something I love for me. I even messaged her to tell her, how beautiful her art was and to say she had inspired me. I told her how I had been sad and just didn't feel like shooting. She told me something I had already been trying to tell myself, creating art will help you heal and feel better. I guess it's nice hearing your own thoughts reassured.  So I listened and went outside and photographed my husband. I love photographing him, and the way I see the world with him in it. This was one of my favorite images that I took that night.   If you want to see the photographer who inspired me, her name is Sharon Covert. You can check out her images here.



198/365: A Stop Along the Road
Tonight we had a long evening. On our way to pick up my step son we had a blow out on the highway. Thankfully my wonderful hubby and son helped saved the day on that one. By the time we got Ethan and got back on the road we decided to take the back roads home since we were on the donut spare.  I knew I wanted to get a photo today since I slacked so much the last 2 weeks, I didn't want to start missing this week.  We saw this field of corn on the side of the road, the sun was just about to set, but we decided to pull over anyway.  So my original photo idea didn't go as planned but I got these shots instead.  On the way back to the van Mariah and I decided to have a little race and Mat got this shot of the two of us. I didn't like it at first, because it isn't the perfect photo, I'm not happy how I look etc. I'm so glad I got this image of the two of us though.  I know I will cherish it and I hope she will too.  So sometimes unplanned stops along the road make really awesome memories.




199/365: By the Fire
The two of you are not always on the same page. Conor, you are a Mama's boy, which your Dad should understand because he is too. You are both not overly affectionate to one another, but you normally play and wrestle to show each other your love. Tonight we had a little fire and you guys just snuggled up for a few minutes together. It melted my heart. It was nothing serious, but just the two of you close together.


200/365: Beating the Heat
Today was incredibly hot, so we decided to go to my Mom's to go swimming. We had lots of fun and spent time playing together as a family. It was just wonderful! I even got a shot of all 4 of you together which is super rare!




201/365: Exhaustion
Today was another scorcher of a day. You work outside, so the heat just wears you out. Tonight you were barely finished dinner before you were fast asleep on the couch.

202/365: Just Some Girl Talk
I love our few moments alone together and the talks we share. You were not expecting me to take this shot, but I love how natural and real it looks. I love how I can see your vein in your cheek. I love that your hair is all a mess. Your eyes are tired after a long day of playing. This is an honest portrait of you.


203/365: A Drive By Iphone Shot
Sometimes I love my iphone shots just as much as my big girl shots.  Tonight we went to pick up Ethan and the light and scenery were so beautiful I just had to get a quick shot.  Mat was taking a photo of me while I was shooting. So here's that one too!











Next up in the circle is Colleen Putnam from New York City. Click here to see what she has to share this week.


Thanks for checking out my week in photos... Until next week... xo

No comments:

Post a Comment