Friday, April 10, 2015

The Daily Frame April 2nd - 8th Remington, Virginia Photographer


Thanks for coming to check out this weeks photos.  At the end of the post be sure to follow through our circle and see what the other ladies are up to this week.

92/365: The Hill
In one of my previous posts, I talked about the hill behind our subdivision.  The kids love going back there and I love it just as much. It's kind of become my favorite place to photograph. There is tons of tall golden grass, trees, hills, trails,  Oh yeah and the light back there is just perfect.  They love running through the puddles and discovering all sorts of treasures.  So here's a shot of the hill. I'm sure through the remainder of the year you will see many more photos from our adventures back there.

93/365: Boys will be Boys
There is something special between a Dad and his son. The way they show love and affection for one another is often so very different than the way that Moms and Sons show their love. Well at least in our house anyway.  Our boys love wrestling one another and rough housing. It's just what they do. I do sometimes worry that someone will get hurt, but I love seeing them have fun and play together. So this is their I love you.


94/365: Mat and Scrub (Paul)
Today's image is really special to me. These two have been friends as long as I can remember. I've known them both since I was 15. They are each other's yin and yang. When Scrub came to visit the other day he got there before we did.  When we pulled up he was sitting on the back of his car... Oh man did it bring back some memories for me. When I was in high school these two used to pick me up from school and they would be sitting on the car waiting for me to come out. We've all grown up drifted apart, and rekindled friendships multiple times. Although no matter how much time passes we have the type of friendship that time doesn't really affect. We have a true friendship. We can pick up right where we left off. We can share the same stories from the past, but still discuss our successes and failures. These are the friendships that matter. The 3 of us used to always say that no matter what as long as we were still alive we would find one another and play bingo together when we are 80.  Well here we are 22 years later and we still manage to find one another. I hope we always do.  So here are a few images of these 2 life long friends. I hope they never lose this. I hope they never stop picking on one another and call each other out on their bull shit. I hope they will always be each others yin and yang. I hope they are both there to play bingo with me when I am 80 and listen to Violent Femmes.





95/365: Picked Just for you
When we went out today to take the dogs for a walk, I stopped to take some photos of some daffodils. Everyone was walking ahead of me while I crouched down like the crazy woman on the sidewalk to get some photos. Conor called my name and got my attention and when I looked up he was smiling and said, "Mommy, I picked this just for you".  I love when my kids pick me flowers. It's just so sweet. It came out of no where and I wasn't expecting it which was the best.

96/365: Pinwheels
In your Easter baskets you got this pinwheel. We had a bit of wind so it was fun watching it spin different ways and of course you had fun seeing how fast you could blow it to make it spin.

97/365: The trees are blooming
I love this time of year. I love seeing all of the fresh life, the flowers and trees starting to bloom. It's killing my allergies, but it's just so beautiful. Today was a stressful day at work.  I wasn't having the best evening with the family so I just decided to go on a little walk by myself.  Seeing these little pretty blooms just made me happy.




98/365: Rainy Day
Today is raining and gloomy.  You were stuck inside which is definitely not your favorite thing. So as you were watching out the window I got this sweet little shot of you with your Easter bunny.

Next up in the circle is the very talented Meagan Dwyer. I have been lucky to be her photography partner these past few weeks. She is the sweetest and her littles are just adorable. Be sure to click here and check out her week.

Thanks for following along in my little part of the world.  Until next time... xo

4 comments:

  1. Love all your images Karen! What a great week! I especially love the ones of Mat & Scrub - so candid & natural. And, those tree flowers, wow! Looking forward to seeing next weeks images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the story of the friendships...thats amazing. ..I cant wait to see ur bingo games at 80...yes, I will follow you that long.....and yes I expect you to photograph them at 80!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your photos this week Karen, especially the ones of Mat and Scrub.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a wonderful week!! Love them all! Especially your cute little boy picking a flower for you ;)

    ReplyDelete