Friday, April 24, 2015

The Daily Frame April 16th - 22nd Remington, Virginia Photographer




Hi there! For those that follow along every week Thank you so much for being here and checking out my photos each week. It really means a lot.
So lets get to it.

106/365: Growing Hair
For Easter you guys got these little planters to grow grass. We have had fun watching these little guys sprout up over the last 2 days.



107/365: Storm Clouds and Ferris Wheel
I have always loved Ferris Wheels. I am not sure why, because I am terrified of heights and rarely go up on them. I just love how they look. When ever there is carnival or fair I love to go capture the Ferris Wheel. Each year I try to find something different about each one or photograph it in a different way. I had been meaning to bring my camera for days to capture this one and kept forgetting it.  Finally I remembered on Friday. It just so happened when I left work that a storm was about to roll in as well which was a bonus. I love the way the sky looks just before or after a storm.  This was my favorite shot of the Ferris Wheel.


108/365: Tulips
I love spring time and all the flowers that are starting to bloom. I've been trying to give my kids a bit of a break and shoot some different things this week.  So here is a tulip that Shawn picked for me. When your 13 year old still picks you flowers it is special. <3


109/365: I was there too...
I've been really inspired lately by one of my other photog friends. We are in several groups together and she has really been getting in the frame. You get to see how much of a part of her kids life she is. She has been pushing us in one of our groups and it was a push I definitely needed. I love these pics of Conor and I.  I don't like how I look and there is another story for that, but I am so happy that there are at least a couple photos of him and I. Hopefully I continue to show that I am in this life too.




110/365: Just before the storm.
Tonight was another night of possible storms. They were calling for heavy rains, and we had a tornado watch.  It ended up not getting to crazy here but we had this amazing gorgeous sky. It just looked like a painting. It was incredible. I had her run outside just before bed and told her she could pick how she wanted the photo and this is what she did.


111/365: The Joker
Today was Super hero day at school. Of course Shawn had to make it about the Joker. So he was really excited and got all this gear for his costume.  Once he got to school they did make him wash the make up off because it was distracting and apparently there were to be no masks or face paint. I think even though he had to wash it out, it made him happy to get to dress up and fun with it.


112/365: Changing my Life
I've been wanting to do this for quite some time. I've been needing to do this for even longer. I've had a lot of downs over the last few years and sort of gave up on taking care of myself.  That is going to change. I want to be better, I want to healthier. I want to be there for my kids. After all the fight I put in to keep them and have them with me every day, I need to be able to be here for them.  I want to find the beauty in myself and be a better role model for my children. So I gave up soda the week before and this week I have been changing my eating habits and committed to starting exercising. I even got on the crazy scale at work that tells you way more info about yourself than you should know. (Scary, but motivating that's for sure!)   I really hope I stick to this. At work we sent this letter to our patients about a weight loss program we have, but I think what hit home was all the information before about how obesity and weight gain are the leading cause for heart issues. I should know better. I have worked for cardiologists for 12 years. I've seen the things that patients have to go through and I don't want to have to go through that. So tonight I came home and walked a mile. I'm committed to keeping this up. Maybe by putting it out here it will keep me on track... Let's do this...
Oh and today is Earth Day... Happy Earth Day. So we added some flowers to this. :)


So that is it for this past week... Thank you again for following along, listening to me ramble and checking out my little ordinary world.

Next up is Kelly Tyak of 4 Fishes Photography. Click here to check out what she has been up to this week.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome week and I love your words with every one!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous photos -- that sunset sky is unreal!!!!! and so proud of you for getting into the frame, kicking soda and walking more :) woohoo!

    ReplyDelete