Monday, September 29, 2014

September 30 Minutes in the Life ~ Warrenton, Virginia Photographer

It's officially Fall here in my little part of the world. The mornings are really cool, but the afternoons are just beautiful. We have been on the go so much these last few weeks, so on our free night we were so happy to come home and just go out to play for a while.  My favorite part of this project is taking time to capture our every day.  I want my children to have these memories of the fun we have in the every day.  In our back yard we have a small little community playground.  The kids love playing on the merry go round and the monkey bars. I initially just figured I get shots of them playing, which I did, but then I had a Mommy moment. You know those moments when you see this small part of yourself and your own childhood through your children. Well that happened on this night.  My daughter is really starting to get in to music. I am a huge music lover too. I honestly don't think I could live with out it. It's so good for the soul. So I upgraded my iphone last weekend and she took my old one to use for music.  She downloaded some songs that she really likes, and was playing the music while we were outside.  Nothing out of the ordinary, but then she started singing her little heart out while she was playing.  I just melted.  I love hearing her sing. She reminded me so much of myself and how when I was young. So before I ramble on forever, here's a peek into our 30 minutes on the playground enjoying our evening.   Please be sure to follow along the circle and check out, Julia Cooke From A Rock and a Soft Place.  Her post is sure to be awesome!



































Thanks for following along... Until next time! xo

10 comments:

  1. Karen, the light in these is fabulous. I love the fall colors and especially the leaf capture. So beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous session! Autumn light is my absolute favourite, you've captured it perfectly! I adore the images of your littles jumping from the roundabout - such freedom! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, I love the lighting in these. So great!! I love the spiderman costume!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!!!! Those photos of your kids lying down on the spinning merry go round thing are just to die for!!! And the fall leaves are just gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful story Karen. I love how you get out and have fun with your children. I love the photo of your daughter jumping off the equipment and your son in his spiderman outfit. The last photo of your daughter is just gorgeous. Thank you for sharing your beautiful photo's.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh the fall tones are wonderful! That leaf image - so gorgeous!! Beautiful set!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE autumn/fall - the crisp cold mornings make me long for winter, and the warm afternoons and evenings make me wish summer was right back here with us. That light - so amazing. What a wonderful evening you had. Amy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karen I LOVE all the different perspectives and your amazing use of light!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your daughter's delight and sense of freedom are just overwhelming. You have captured her in such happiness and lightness of heart. You feel that life is a beautiful thing spread out before her. I love that her gorgeous expressions are lit up by stunning autumn light. Just love this post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The light is just stunning and I love how your daughter is totally lost in her world of music and imagination, while your son's pretends to be spiderman. There is such a natural element to these images.

    ReplyDelete