Monday, July 28, 2014

30 Minutes In the Life ~ July ~ Warrenton, Virginia Photographer

Wow, I can't believe it's been a year since we first started our 30 minutes in the life group.  It has been so wonderful to get to know these lovely ladies in our group and look forward to seeing their 30 minutes each month.  This month I chose to document a July evening at home. It is hot here in Virginia. So on this evening we were just outside enjoying a few minutes playing with sidewalk chalk before dinner. All the kids were outside doing something together, so those moments I love.  Be sure to check out the rest of the circle and see what everyone else is sharing this month. Next up is: Mary Slone, I love following her work.









Until next month... xo

21 comments:

  1. So sweet and colourful! A beautiful group of shots I love the tones <3 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are my favourite moments....so ordinary and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing says "summer" like being outside and playing with some chalk. Love these images Karen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stacey, the only thing missing was the ice-cream man. They were hoping he was going to come driving through.

      Delete
  4. Karen, these are fantastic!!! The "life is beautiful" shot -- so lovely. And i love the open bag of chips outside with y'all. So "summertime." <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary. My youngest loves chips when we get home each evening.

      Delete
  5. Ohh Karen, these photos brought me right back to my childhood :) I love how you photographed the simple details of summer life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a real and perfect evening! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these images, Karen! I feel like you invited me to spend an evening with your family and I had such a good time. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love every image!! They really give a sense of presence. So beautifully done Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Karen - what fun photo's. I just said to Summer, that there is so much pleasure in doing the simple things in life. Here is just another example. As kids we used to play in the street until all hours of the night. I love seeing these images and especially the one with all three of your children in the photo. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharleen, Thank you so much. Yes, they love being outside every night after I get home from work. I love when I get to have them all in an image too. It's rare! :)

      Delete
  10. Karen, these are just fantastic! Ordinary moments are by far the best moments. Love the detail shots. Are these the moments you want to remember always??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Summer, Yes I do want to remember these daily memories. I want them to see how I see them on our everyday evenings. xo

      Delete
  11. Has chalk ever been more beautiful? Nice shots!

    ReplyDelete