Friday, May 23, 2014

Shooting for Me

I've been doing a lot of soul searching lately about this love affair with my photography.  I am more obsessed than ever with it.  I have been searching for my style, for what makes what I photograph unique. I don't want to shoot the picture perfect studio style portraits all the time. I want to shoot for me. I want to shoot art. I want to capture my life. The more I read it all comes down to 1 thing. Shoot daily. Shoot for myself, and the rest will fall in to place. So that is what I am going to do.  Shoot daily for me. Some days I'm sure I'll shoot much more, but for now it's a start. I'll plan to share here every so often and I would love if you follow along in this little piece of my life.

So today May 23rd is Day 1 of Shooting for me.

This morning when Mat and I left we saw the peonies. They are my favorite flower. So we cut them so I could enjoy them. I love the smell of them and how many layers they have.  So on the way home from dropping him off the sun began to rise and I thought how I wanted to capture these little beauties.



I even took a quick minute to attempt freelensing them. I love the way this looks, but I am still trying to improve and learn how to get better with this.


So, It was a long day... Mainly with work and traffic trying to commute home... Tonight the kids were exhausted too. They played outside, ate dinner, and were crazy cranky.  So bed time it was... Oh boy did Mariah fight it.  She always fights sleep, but tonight was worse than ever. So after her fit got unbearable we finally worked it out and she calmed down and crashed out.  I couldn't help but run in and see her sweet face look so peaceful. I love how she has twirled hair since she was a baby. First she twirled my hair and now her own to fall asleep. 

So this was day 1... Let's see if I can stick to this and keep up with it... I hope you follow our story in photographs. Until next time... xo

No comments:

Post a Comment