Monday, January 27, 2014

January 30 Minutes in the Life



Life has been quite busy these last few months, and I must admit I have fallen very behind on my little blog here.  So what better way to get back on track than with our 30 minutes in the life blog post. To check out our blog page click here . I took a couple of months off, but I have to admit, I am happy to be back at this post.
This past weekend my two youngest children and I decided to make sugar cookies from scratch. I love sugar cookies, but have had the hardest time finding a recipe that I really like. Well this recipe was the best sugar cookie I have ever had. The kids must have agreed because they were begging me to make more only a couple of days later.  I love to bake with my kids. My oldest son and I used to bake all the time and now my daughter loves our special times baking in the kitchen.  My youngest is starting to get very interested also, and he does not want to be left out of anything that his sister is doing. So as you will see he joins us about mid-way through and gets a little messy with the flour.   I hope you enjoy these 30 minutes in our little world.


















Please be sure to check out the next photographer in our circle, Cindy Cavanagh from image421 photography in Sydney Australia. To see her 30 minutes in the life, click here  

9 comments:

  1. ... and now i'm craving a sugar cookie!!!! :P great idea for your 30 minutes post. (welcome back by the way!) I just love the photo of your son covered in flour, as well as the one with him wearing a superman cape peeking in on the mixing bowl. so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them all! You must share your recipe..I tend to make more of a mess when baking than anything else. Love the superman cape too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. adore the one of tippy toes....just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that toe image is so wonderful!

    What a great story you told in these images!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the little feet on the stool, love the little man in his cape, and love the mismatched fingernail polish. What a great mom and a great collection!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I envy you baking - I am so useless. What fun for your children. I love the "Diva in Training" photo. Beautiful images Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the black and white of superman sneaking a taste of the batter. Such classic family memories!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this 30 minutes! What a fun thing to do. I have to say, the photos of your son are my favorite. From the flour all over his face to his superman cape. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are absolutely lovely, Karen! What darlings and what a fun time together. My mouth is watering. So glad you're back with us!!

    ReplyDelete