Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Life Inspired | A Beyond the Wanderlust Photo Project ~ Karen Hunt Photography ~ April 2013

This is my second blog post for the Life Inspired Beyond the Wanderlust Photo Project.  Be sure to check out the other photographer's in this groups post.  Today, I had planned to photograph my whole day start to finsh, but it didn't work out as planned. I still got some great shots and had such a special day.  My birthday is coming up in a few days and while I was outside playing with Conor, I noticed there was a package on the front porch.  I am about to turn 35, so I don't get too excited about my birthday like I used to.  The package was from my in-laws who live in Wisconsin. I was curious about the package so I already had my camera and I thought I would take a shot for this blog post.  Then as I got in to the gift, I really truly had no idea it would be as special as it was. I was given a vintage Kodak Brownie camera from 1910.  I was so overwhelmed with emotion. I have gone through a lot in the last year personally, and pouring myself in to photography has truly been what has gotten me through. So this gift truly touched me because I felt that someone "got me".  It meant even more because it came from family and it had been in the family for obviously a very long time and now was being passed down to me.   The rest of the post is my youngest little enjoying being outside and doing what he does best... being a boy. Playing with cars and getting dirty.

Well, let's get to it... The photos of part of my day.






















Thank you for taking the time to view a little piece of my life... Rose, Thank you again so much for the wonderful gift! Until next time...


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos, Karen! The Brownie is a perfect gift. :) I saw a green VW bus in the toy section at our grocery store the other day & instantly thought of Conor. Maybe I shall go back & see if it's still around. ;) Love you a ton, dear sister. Happy to have you around; you make everything brighter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely story Karen. I enjoyed both the story about receiving the camera and seeing Conor playing. Happy (belated) Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete